Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.02Trending at £23.26
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £41.07
- £42.67Trending at £47.49
- £37.00Trending at £40.48
- £30.21Trending at £31.28
- £16.40Trending at £19.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis succinct overview focusses on the experience of conducting linguistic ethnography and the role of the researcher, providing readers with both a philosophical and practical introduction
- Author BiographyFiona Copland is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Languages and Social Sciences at Aston University, Birmingham where she is Director of CLERA (Centre for Language Education Research at Aston). Before working in higher education, she was an English language teacher in Nigeria, Hong Kong, Japan and the UK, where she also taught on a range of teacher education programmes. This background has influenced her research interests which include talk in pre-service teacher education conferences and teaching English to young learners, and she has published in these areas. Since attending a course in ethnography, language and communication jointly run by King's College University of London and the Institute of Education University of London, she has been an active member of the Linguistic Ethnography Forum, co-organising three conferences. At Aston, Fiona is the Programmes Director of MSc TESOL courses and teaches a range of post-graduate modules. She also supervises PhD students in the field of TESOL. Angela Creese is Professor of Educational Linguistics at the School of Education, University of Birmingham, and deputy director of the MOSAIC Centre for Research on Multilingualism. In the last ten years she has been funded to work in large multilingual research teams to research multilingualism. Her research interests are in linguistic ethnography, language ecologies, multilingualism in society and multilingual classroom pedagogy. Her publications include Heteroglossia as Practice and Pedagogy (with Adrian Blackledge, 2014, Springer); The Routledge handbook of Multilingualism (2012, with Marilyn Martin-Jones and Adrian Blackledge); Multilingualism: A Critical Perspective (with Adrian Blackledge, 2010, Continuum); Volume 9: Ecology of Language, Encyclopedia of Language and Education (2009); Teacher Collaboration and Talk in Multilingual Classrooms (2005) and Multilingual Classroom Ecologies (2003).
- Author(s)Angela Creese,Fiona Copland
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Edition StatementAnnotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.