Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £5.19Trending at £6.99
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £0.99Trending at £6.99
- £7.62Trending at £10.49
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on linguistic landscapes in present-day urban settings. In a wide-ranging collection of studies of major world cities, the authorsinvestigate both the forces that shape linguistic landscape and the impactof the linguistic landscape on the wider social and cultural reality.
- Author BiographyElana Shohamy is a professor and chair of the language education program at the School of Education, Tel Aviv University, where she teaches, researches and writes about multiple issues relating to multilingualism: language policy, language testing and language in the public space. Eliezer Ben-Rafael, is Professor Emeritus of Sociology and held the Weinberg Chair of Political sociology, at Tel-Aviv University. He is Past President of the International Institute of Sociology. He has published in the area of transnationalism, the comparative study of modernities, identity and culture. Monica Barni is an associate professor in Educational Linguistics at the Universit? per Stranieri, Siena. Her research focuses on language policy in education, specifically in relation to immigrants, and in plurilingual societies. She has published on the impact of national and European language policies and about plurilingualism and linguistic contact in Italy.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2010
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight580 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byElana Shohamy,Eliezer Ben-Rafael,Monica Barni
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.