All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £6.30Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis blends discussion of the role of language minorities in politics with examples of language policy in a range of national contexts. It discusses minority rights and language protection, the policies of the state in privileging powerful majorities, the opportunities and challenges of both devolution and globalization.
- Author BiographyColin H. Williams is Research Professor in the School of Welsh, Cardiff University, UK and holds Honorary Professorships at the University of Aberdeen, University of the Highlands and Islands, UK and Western Ontario. He is a member of the Welsh Language Board. His previous publications include Called Unto Liberty and as editor Language Revitalization and Language and Governance.
- Author(s)Colin H. Williams
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/11/2007
- Series TitleLanguage and Globalization
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2007
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note8 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 440 p. 8 illus.
- Weight576 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.