All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLinguistics is a comprehensive crosslinguistic introduction to the study of language, and is ideal for undergraduate and graduate level students without previous background in linguistics.
- Author BiographyAnne E. Baker is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Amsterdam with a specialisation in psycholinguistics and sign linguistics. Her publications include Taal en taalwetenschap (ed. with Rene Appel, Kees Hengeveld, Folkert Kuiken, and Pieter Muysken, 2002) and Sign Language Acquisition (ed. with Bencie Woll, 2008). Kees Hengeveld is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Amsterdam with a specialisation in linguistic typology and grammatical theory. His publications include Functional Discourse Grammar: A typologically-based theory of language structure (with J. Lachlan Mackenzie, 2008) and The Theory of Functional Grammar (with Simon C. Dik, 1997).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/2012
- Series TitleIntroducing Linguistics
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight788 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAnne E. Baker,Folkert Kuiken,Kees Hengeveld,Pieter Muysken,Reinier Salverda,Rene Appel
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £17.99Trending at £25.47
- £21.75Trending at £23.65
- £18.88Trending at £24.97
- £17.35Trending at £19.98
- £10.99Trending at £12.77
- £9.30Trending at £12.07
- £19.51Trending at £20.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.