All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConnects the history of Linlithgow with the warmth and vitality that illuminates it. A knowledge borne of living as an adopted son of the town for almost forty years and thorough research, including conversations with many of those who make up the spirit of Linlithgow, shines through in this homage to a town with a soul .
- Author BiographyWallace Lockhart has resided in and been committed to his adopted town of Linlithgow for nearly forty years. He is a founder member and past President of both Linlithgow Rugby Club and Linlithgow Country Dance Club. He served as Chairman and Treasurer of the Old League of Friends of St. Michael's Hospital, is a former Elder of St. Michael's Parish Church and has been prominent for many years as leader of Quern, probably the most widely-travelled amateur music group in Scotland. Wallace serves as a guide to visitors of St. Michael's Church and is involved with Linlithgow Union Canal Society, the Ramblers and Hillwalkers and, as he says, with anyone he can share a tune with. He is especially proud of the fact that all of his family have elected to live in the town.
- Author(s)G.W. Lockhart
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map, ports.
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byTam Dalyell
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.38
- £9.41Trending at £17.05
- £9.50Trending at £16.51
- £9.53Trending at £14.96
- £18.98Trending at £29.94
- £8.01Trending at £9.57
- £11.79Trending at £16.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.