All listings for this product
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £18.12Trending at £19.69
- £14.94Trending at £16.58
- £37.67Trending at £42.42
- £10.16Trending at £14.93
- £18.21Trending at £24.99
- £15.03Trending at £21.98
- £14.07Trending at £15.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide takes readers through this operating system from selecting and installing the right version to handling standard networking and system administration tasks. It covers an alphabetical listing of common shell commands and keyboard shortcuts for working with e-mail and the X-Window system.
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors Phil Hughes is the president of Specialized System Consultants (SSC) and the publisher of Linux Journal magazine. He has authored or edited many of SSC's Pocket Reference cards for the UNIX operating system and utility programs. Phil has worked in computing as a programmer and design specialist since 1968. He has worked with UNIX since 1980 as a systems programmer, consultant, trainer, and writer. In 1983, armed with that one English class he took in college, he turned SSC into a company that specializes in documentation for UNIX systems. Viktorie Navratilova has been working with UNIX for several years, and her main interests are computer graphics and UNIX and network security. She writes regular articles about Linux and computer security for computer magazines and gives talks at the local Linux users' group and Webgrrls meetings. She is particularly impressed with the global Linux community, which has always been helpful and friendly no matter where in the world she's traveled. Viki earned her bachelor's degree in computer science from Loyola University of Chicago and now works in Chicago for BlueMeteor, a startup Application Service Provider.
- Author(s)Phil Hughes,Viktorie Navratilova
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- GenreComputing: General
- Series TitleFor Dummies Quick Reference
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight258 g
- Width150 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.