All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £30.00Trending at £37.22
- £12.50Trending at £13.78
- £24.67Trending at £25.21
- £11.79Trending at £14.78
- £9.69Trending at £9.90
- £4.95Trending at £8.82
- £9.40Trending at £12.91
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a spectator's-eye view of opera and concert life from the Old Regime to the Romantic era, describing the transformation in musical experience from social event to profound aesthetic encounter. This book offers an analysis of political, musical, and aesthetic factors that produced more engaged listening.
- Author BiographyJames H. Johnson is Assistant Professor of History at Boston University.
- PrizesWinner of American Historical Association Herbert Baxter Adams Prize 1995.
- Author(s)James H. Johnson
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication28/11/1996
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleStudies on the History of Society & Culture
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 21
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note26 b&w photographs, 15 music examples
- Weight472 g
- Width149 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.