Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.88Trending at £4.96
About this product
- DescriptionContributions from The Eastern Buddhist which pioneered presentations of Buddhism to the west and invited interaction with non-Japanese authors.
- Author BiographyMichael Pye was Professor of Religionswissenschaft at Marburg University in Germany until his formal retirement in 2004, and since then he has been a visiting professor at Otani University in Kyoto. For many years he was the General Secretary and then the President (1995-2000) of the International Association for the History of Religions. His writings have ranged widely over the methodology of the study of religions, studies in Buddhist thought and many aspects of contemporary Japanese religion. Major publications include Skilful Means, A Concept in Mahayana Buddhism (1978; 2nd ed. 2003) and Emerging from Meditation (Translations from Tominaga Nakamoto) (1990). He is the editor of Beyond Meditation: Expressions of Japanese Shin Buddhist Spirituality (2011).
- Author(s)Michael Pye
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/2012
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleEastern Buddhist Voices
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note2 figures
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.