All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.83Trending at £14.96
- £7.11Trending at £7.56
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £4.57Trending at £4.94
- £8.44Trending at £11.70
- £6.81Trending at £9.00
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a history of literary criticism from Plato to the present.
- Author BiographyJames Seaton is a Professor in the Department of English at Michigan State University, where he teaches courses on the history of literary criticism, American literature and culture, and literature and law. His previous books include Cultural Conservatism, Political Liberalism: From Criticism to Cultural Studies (1996) and A Reading of Vergil's Georgics (1983). He is the editor of The Genteel Tradition and Character and Opinion in the United States by George Santayana (2009) and co-editor with William K. Buckley of Beyond Cheering and Bashing: New Perspectives on The Closing of the American Mind (1992). Seaton's articles and reviews have appeared in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, The Weekly Standard, The Claremont Review of Books, The American Scholar, The Hudson Review, The University Bookman, Modern Age, Journal of the History of Ideas, Society, The Review of Metaphysics, the Yale Journal of Law and the Humanities, Legal Studies Forum, Cardozo Studies in Law and Literature, and Michigan State Law Review.
- Author(s)James Seaton
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2016
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight280 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.