Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first systematic study of the Lithuanian yeshivas that flourished from 1802 to 1914 and whose legacy still dominates orthodox Jewish society.
- Author BiographyShaul Stampfer is Rabbi Edward Sandrow Professor of Soviet and East European Jewry and chairman of the Department of Jewish History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He has also taught at Harvard University and elsewhere, including Moscow (1989 - 91), where he helped establish the Jewish University. Through his many published articles he has made a seminal contribution to the Jewish social history of eastern Europe, opening up new areas of research in the history of Jewish education, Jewish demography and family life, community organization and leadership, and related topics. He is the author of Families, Rabbis, and Education: Traditional Jewish Society in Eastern Europe, also published by the Littman Library.
- Author(s)Shaul Stampfer
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLittman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Littman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Weight685 g
- Width135 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Translated byLindsey Taylor-Guthartz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.