All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
About this product
- DescriptionCharu-datta, a bankrupt married merchant, is extramaritally involved with a wealthy courtesan, Vasanta-sena. The king's vile brother-in-law, unable to win Vasanta-sena's love, strangles her, and accuses Charu-datta. The court decides the case hastily, condemning Charu-datta to death.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- Language(s)English, Sanskrit
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleClay Sanskrit Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width114 mm
- Height165 mm
- Translated byDiwakar Acharya,Shudraka
- Foreword byPartha Chatterjee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.