All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most famous and beloved American novels of all time is now available in a stunning new package. Includes a new Introduction. Revised reissue.
- Author BiographyLouisa May Alcott (1832-1888) was born in Germantown, Pennsylvania. The family later settled in Concord, Massachusetts, where Alcott was influenced by their neighbors Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Henry David Thoreau. At a young age, Louisa took on some of the family's financial burdens and worked as a domestic, a teacher, and a writer. In 1868 and 1869, fame and fortune came with the publication of Little Women. During her lifetime, Alcott wrote numerous novels and was an active campaigner for temperance and women's suffrage. Regina Barecca, Professor of English and Feminist Theory at the University of Connecticut, is the editor of the influ-ential journal LIT: Literature, Interpretation, Theory. Among her many books are They Used to Call Me Snow White...But I Drifted, a widely acclaimed study of wom-en's humor, and Babes in Boyland, It's Not That I'm Bit-ter..., and Untamed and Unabashed: Essays on Women and Humor in British Literature. She is also the editor of The Penguin Book of Women's Humor. Susan Straight is an award-winning fiction writer whose novel Highwire Moon, was a finalist for the National Book Award. Her other novels include Aquaboogie, I Been in Sorrow's Kitchen and Licked out All the Pots, and Blacker than a Thousand Midnights. She was born in Riverside, California, and lives there with her three daughters.
- Author(s)Louisa May Alcott
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSignet Classics
- Weight249 g
- Width109 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.91
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £4.66Trending at £4.80
- £4.97Trending at £5.90
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £9.20Trending at £10.48
- £4.59Trending at £5.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.