All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThough the heyday of steam has gone, it is still possible to travel on preserved lines, heritage railways and industrial lines where steam traction is used. This book profiles 26 such journeys, ranging from the popular Ffestiniog Railway in northern Wales to the revived national railway of Eritrea and the Changa Manga Forest Railway of Pakistan.
- Author BiographyLiving Steam features contributions from 13 rail writers, many of whom also contributed to The World's Great Railway Journeys and Extraordinary Railway Journeys, both published by New Holland. Among the authors are Steve Barry, Peter Lemmey, Nick Lera and Colin Baocock, who have also provided some of the memorable photography contained in the book. Anthony Lambert, consultant and author, has travelled on the railways of over 40 countries and written 15 books about his experiences. He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and a trustee of the Birmingham Railway Museum and the Kidderminster Railway Museum.
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- GenreTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/02/2008
- Content Note26 maps, 130 colour photos
- Width265 mm
- Height300 mm
- Edited byAnthony J. Lambert
Best-selling in Transport
Save on Transport
- £9.98Trending at £12.10
- £15.49Trending at £25.45
- £19.19Trending at £32.57
- £14.41Trending at £18.20
- £16.88Trending at £20.00
- £52.65Trending at £58.49
- £10.82Trending at £13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.