CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.80Trending at £17.00
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.56
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
About this product
- DescriptionThe first positive, in-depth study of cohabitation outside marriage from a mainstream Christian theological perspective.
- Author BiographyAdrian Thatcher read Theology at Regentis Park College, Oxford, and was awarded the D.Phil. in 1973 for his work on The Ontology of Paul Tillich (also his first book, 1978). He was a Baptist Minister (1966-74) and is now an Anglican. He has taught at the College of St Mark and St John, Plymouth, since 1977, becoming Head of the Department of Theology and Philosophy in 1984, and Professor of Applied Theology in 1995. His books include Truly a Person, Truly God (1990), Liberating Sex: A Christian Sexual Theology (1993), People of Passion: What the Churches Teach about Sex (with Elizabeth Stuart (Mowbray, 1997), and Marriage after Modernity: Christian Marriage in Postmodern Times (1999). In 2000 he directed The First International Marriage Conference at the College of St Mark and St. John and has edited and contributed to the volume of conference proceedings, Celebrating Christian Marriage: New Agendas, New Opportunities ( 2001). He also writes in the Theology of Education, and recently edited Spirituality and the Curriculum (1999). He was Alan Richardson Memorial Fellow in the University of Durham, England, in 1997, and is a regular speaker at Church conferences on marriage and questions of sexual ethics. He has written articles and reviews in many journals including the British Journal of Religious Education, Christian Century, Crucible, Feed the Minds, Theology and Sexuality, the Scottish Journal of Theology, Studies in Christian Ethics, and The Witness. He is a member of several learned societies including the Societies for the Study of Theology, and of Christian Ethics.
- Author(s)Professor Adrian Thatcher
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2002
- GenreChristian Theology
- Series TitleNew Studies in Christian Ethics
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight550 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.