All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiving Well with Heart Failure, the Misnamed, Misunderstood Condition will help readers understand:; The causes of the condition; Normal and abnormal heart rhythms; How to recognize symptoms and when to seek treatment; Which diagnostic tests to expect ; The best treatments for different types of heart failure; How pacemakers work; The advantages and disadvantages of implantable cardioverter defibrillators ; How to be safer in a hospital; What exercises result in increased heart, leg, arm, and core body strength ; What foods to eat and what to avoidInformed by the shared knowledge of doctor and patient, those diagnosed with heart failure and their loved ones will learn how to effectively manage the condition in this comprehensive and compassionate guide.
- Author BiographyEdward K. Kasper, M.D., is the E. Cowles Andrus Professor in Cardiology and Director of Clinical Cardiology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. Mary Knudson is a national award-winning medical writer and editor. She was diagnosed with heart failure in 2003 and got well.
- Author(s)Edward K. Kasper,Mary Knudson
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2010
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note20 Line drawings, black and white
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.68
- £9.95Trending at £10.13
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £7.42Trending at £9.99
- £10.30Trending at £14.99
- £10.16Trending at £14.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.