CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £16.59Trending at £18.99
- £18.29Trending at £22.83
- £7.58Trending at £7.86
- £13.16Trending at £17.97
- £23.39Trending at £31.31
- £15.28Trending at £20.03
- £10.74Trending at £16.95
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleIntersections in Communications & Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byLisa M. Cuklanz,Sujata Moorti
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Sujata Moorti/Lisa Cuklanz: Introduction: Tracking Global Media and Local Activism - Elaine Jeffreys: Serial Prostitute Homicide in the Chinese Media - M. Cristina Alcalde: Ripped from the Headlines: Newspaper Depictions of Battered Women in Peru - Sidra Fatima Minhas: The Politics of Rape and Honor in Pakistan - Gordene MacKenzie/Mary Marcel: Media Coverage of the Murder of U.S. Transwomen of Color - Peter C. Pugsley/Jia Gao: Invisible Women: Chinese Media Responses to the Japanese Orgy - Linda Isako Angst: The Sacrifice of a Schoolgirl: The 1995 Rape Case, Discourses of Power, and Women's Lives in Okinawa - Pamela Scully: Media Constructions of Ethnicized Masculinity in South Africa - Karen Boyle: Gendered Narratives of Child Sexual Abuse in Fiction Film - Julie Haynes: Exposing Domestic Violence in Country Music Videos - Danica Minic: Mediated Violence and Women's Activism in Serbia - Regine Michelle Jean-Charles: Beneath the Layers of Violence: Representations of Rape and the Rwandan Genocide.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Lisa M. Cuklanz is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Communication at Boston College. She is author of Rape on Trial: How the Mass Media Construct Legal Reform and Social Change (1996) and Rape on Prime Time: Television, Masculinity, and Sexual Violence (2000) as well as numerous articles published in journals including Women's Studies in Communication, Critical Studies in Media Communication, and Communication Quarterly. Sujata Moorti is Professor and Chair of the Program in Women's and Gender Studies at Middlebury College. She is author of The Color of Rape (2002) and co-editor of Global Bollywood (2008). She has written numerous articles on gender and representation published in journals including Critical Studies in Media Communication; Media, Culture and Society, and International Journal of Cultural Studies.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.