CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.21
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £9.75
- £14.99Trending at £17.00
- £14.87Trending at £16.69
- £8.44Trending at £9.57
- £4.51Trending at £5.02
About this product
- DescriptionRecounts fifteen tales from the authors encyclopaedic knowledge of nineteenth-century Auckland. This work includes the stories of the tree on One Tree Hill , of a newspaper printed on a mangle, of two aborted duels, the mystery of a suicide, of the voyage of an early immigrant ship, of the wreck of the Orpheus, and more.
- Author BiographyR. C. J. STONE is the highly respected author of a two-volume life of John Logan Campbell, the 'Father of Auckland'. Other important books are a history of the law firm Russell McVeagh and a history of Auckland up to 1840, From Tamaki-makau-rau to Auckland (AUP, 2001).
- Author(s)R.C.J. Stone
- PublisherAuckland University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAuckland University Press
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight745 g
- Width192 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.