Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.77
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £21.79Trending at £22.10
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis book opens a new perspective on logic. After analyzing the functional adequacy of natural predicate logic and standard modern logic for natural linguistic interaction, the author develops a general theory of discourse-bound interpretation, covering such topics as discourse incrementation, anaphora, presupposition and topic-comment structure.
- Author BiographyPieter Seuren is a Research Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics in Nijmegen. He was a lecturer in linguistics first at Cambridge, then Oxford, before moving to the Radboud University in Nijmegen in 1974 as Professor of the Philosophy of Language. Here he remained until his retirement in 1999, having in 1995 changed his appointment to Professor of Theoretical Linguistics. His books include Discourse Semantics (Blackwell 1985), Semantic Syntax (Blackwell 1996) and A View of Language (OUP 2001).
- Author(s)Pieter A. M. Seuren
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- Series TitleLanguage from within
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteTree diagrams
- Weight812 g
- Width164 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.