Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.83Trending at £14.96
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £4.57Trending at £4.94
- £8.44Trending at £11.70
- £6.81Trending at £8.98
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
- £11.41Trending at £17.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn a torrent of rage, love, and irony, the author explodes the myths and hypocrisy of Middle America in the twenty-first century. He is trapped in a surreal void where he is faced with middle age and isolation, the death of loved ones, an unsatisfying job, and the battle against loneliness and self-destruction.
- Author BiographyAdrian C. Louis was born and raised in Nevada and is an enrolled member of the Lovelock Paiute Tribe. Louis has written ten books of poems, mostly recently Evil Corn (Ellis Press, 2004) and Bone & Juice (Northwestern, 2001). He is also the author of the novel Skins (Ellis Press, 2002), which was made into a major motion picture in 2002, and a collection of short stories Wild Indians & Other Creatures (Nevada, 1997). Louis has won various writing awards, among them a Pushcart Prize and fellowships from the Bush Foundation, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the Lila Wallace-Reader's Digest Fund. In 1999, he was elected to the Nevada Writers Hall of Fame. He currently resides in Minnesota and teaches at Minnesota State University in Marshall.
- Author(s)Adrian C. Louis
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriquarterly Books
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.