All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.16
- £9.24Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.94
- £14.51Trending at £17.08
- £18.89Trending at £20.40
- £29.50Trending at £30.61
- £24.56Trending at £26.13
About this product
- DescriptionHuman culture depends on our ability to disseminate information, and then maintain and access it over time. This book addresses the problems of storing, reading, and using digital data for periods longer than 50 years. It offers descriptions of markup and document description languages like TIFF, PDF, HTML, and XML.
- Author BiographyUwe Borghoff is a full professor of computer science at the University of the Armed Forces (UniBwM), Munich, Germany. Prior to this, he worked at Xerox Research Centre Europe in Grenoble, France, where he led the coordination technologies group. Peter Rodig (UniBwM) is developing methods for long-term preservation of digital data. Related research interests include document engineering and database technologies. Jan Scheffczyk (UniBwM) is researching issues such as consistency maintenance in document engineering, long-term preservation of digital data, and software engineering. Lothar Schmitz is a lecturer at the UniBwM, and his research interests include software engineering and long-term preservation of digital data.
- Author(s)Jan Scheffczyk,Lothar Schmitz,Peter Rodig,Uwe M. Borghoff
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/07/2006
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note32 Tables, black and white; 67 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 274 p. 67 illus.
- Weight1290 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2006 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.