All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1996, Dava Sobel's story of an epic scientific quest - how to calculate longitude. The thorniest scientific problem of the day had occupied scientists and their patrons for the better part of two centuries until John Harrison dared to imagine a mechanical solution. The story encompasses astronomy, navigation and clockmaking.
- PrizesWinner of British Book Award 1996.
- Author(s)Dava Sobel
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/06/1998
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Out-of-print date15/03/2007
- Content Notephotographs
- Weight145 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- barriewilliam12...01 Jun, 2016by
A nice book, very well written & revealing of the times & events when the situation of longitude posed enormous diificulties.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.