Looking for Trouble: The Life and Times of a Foreign Correspondent by Richard Beeston (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.99Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cmedia_group
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn account of 35 years in journalism by a former foreign correspondent and bureau chief of The Daily Telegraph . This book recounts an extraordinary and eventful period in the years before instant communication and mass TV coverage and provides a first-hand record of history unfurling during many of several dramatic events of the Cold War era.
- Author BiographyRichard Beeston began his long and distinguished career as a foreign correspondent working for a clandestine Arabic radio station run by MI6 during the Suez War. From 1961 to 1986 he was the Daily Telegraph's correspondent for Beirut, Nairobi, Moscow and Washington and in the late '80s the Daily Mail's Washington correspondent. He has covered many significant world events, including the collapse of the Belgian Congo, East Africa's post-independence upheavals, Middle East revolutions, the Vietnam War, Watergate and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Since 1990 he has worked as a freelance writer for The Times, Daily Telegraph and Saga Magazine. He also writes obituaries for The Times covering statesmen, politicians, diplomats and crooks - specialising in the Middle East, Russia and the USA.
- Author(s)Richard Beeston
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication09/10/2006
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTauris Parke Paperbacks
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.79Trending at £10.15
- £9.99Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £23.73Trending at £24.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.