Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £7.99+ £7.95 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by anamorphicsqueeze
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.99+ £5.00 P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by brightlights2007
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- DescriptionRalph Bakshi's animated adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's revered Middle-earth saga captures the dark mood of the books extraordinarily well. The film covers the first half of the trilogy--THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING and the earlier part of THE TWO TOWERS--as Frodo (voiced by Christopher Guard), the cousin of Bilbo Baggins from THE HOBBIT, is given the all-powerful ring sought by the evil Sauron of Mordor. So begins his adventure, as he must elude Mordor's black riders in an effort to prevent the ring from returning to its owner and thereby signaling the end of Middle-earth. Even with the mighty wizard Gandalf as his ally and faithful friends Merry, Sam, and Pippin by his side, Frodo is still up to his hobbit neck in peril.<BR>Bakshi took a big risk when deciding to direct the beloved Tolkien tale, but the resulting work effectively brings Middle-earth to the screen. Bakshi combines painted live-action footage with various styles of animation to create a very unusual collage-style texture for this film. Viewers should be warned that the story ends rather abruptly, leaving room for a sequel that was, unfortunately, never filmed. Still, for fans of fantasy, this moody, atmospheric version of the novels captures the shadowy hues of Tolkien's work in a way that is unique and worth discovering.
- Leading Role 1William Squire
- Director 1Ralph Bakshi
- Leading Role 2Christopher Guard
- Additional Roles byAnthony Daniels
- ProducerSaul Zaentz
- Voice byJohn Hurt,William Squire,Christopher Guard,Anthony Daniels,Annette Crosbie,Michael Scholes
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2001
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesArabic,Bulgarian,Dutch,English,French,German,Italian,Portuguese,Romanian,Spanish
- Running Time127 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- plummet222 Dec, 2016by
A good try
Whilst it cannot compare with the live action trilogy it has some entertaining strong points. The Dark Riders are creepy and well done plus the Shire is full of charm and the Hobbits also. It was probably a bit ambitious in scope for the technology of the time but a valiant try. Worth watching, a shame they didn't finish it.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- daviddmh131 Oct, 2013by
An excellent dvd. A bit sad they never finished it. Book 1.5 of 3 is a bought as far as it got. Unlike the expensive three dvd made later, this version is actually to the books.
- bennett998004 Sep, 2013by
excellent lord of the rings
excellent item,it was just a shame that the ending was rushed due to funds. Otherwise a great adaptation
- ladiesman29711106 Apr, 2013by
excellent value for money
wanted to buy the original for my child as the remake is far too long, find the original is so much better than the remake although it is good the original is by far the best at the time it come out.
- mcmurtrien38326 Oct, 2011by
A great film for it's time and must for LOTR fans.
Lord of the Ring (animated) is a classic DVD made years before the new movies. I film Ive not seen in ages until now. Any fan of LOTR should still enjoy the story. Great value and a must for all fans
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £5.94Trending at £10.35
- £16.94Trending at £19.49
- £8.85Trending at £13.98
- £5.95Trending at £6.99
- £13.65Trending at £13.84
- £8.97Trending at £9.99
- £14.72Trending at £15.28