CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.98Trending at £5.55
- £5.60Trending at £6.94
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £3.44Trending at £4.19
- £10.43Trending at £11.99
- £4.69Trending at £6.98
- £8.69Trending at £14.42
About this product
- DescriptionA plane crashes on a desert island and the only survivors, a group of schoolboys, assemble on the beach and wait to be rescued. By day they inhabit a land of bright fantastic birds and dark blue seas, but at night their dreams are haunted by the image of a terrifying beast.
- Author BiographyWilliam Golding was born in Cornwall in 1911 and was educated at Marlborough Grammar School and at Brasenose College, Oxford. His first novel, Lord of the Flies, was published in 1954 and was filmed by Peter Brook in 1963. He won the Booker Prize for his novel Rites of Passage in 1980, and was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1983. He was knighted in 1988. He died at his home in the summer of 1993.
- Author(s)William Golding
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date12/11/2010
- Weight196 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementSpecial 80th birthday edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.