All listings for this product
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.96
- £27.30Trending at £29.02
- £11.43Trending at £12.22
- £10.20Trending at £12.99
- £14.98Trending at £21.31
- £28.89Trending at £30.51
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a historical analysis of the events that have shaped the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in its 85 years of existence. Written from an insider's perspective, this work analyses the major turning points in the history of RSS from the viewpoint of both a follower and an opponent, while digging deep into its socio-political history.
- Author BiographySanjeev Kelkar has seen the RSS at close quarters, and at all levels, for the last 43 years. He was brought up in a diehard RSS family in Nagpur. It had close connections with the founder of the RSS, Golwalkar, Deoras and many others. As a part of his social commitment, he left Mumbai for a rural tribal area medical service project and worked there for 11 years. He is best described as an institution builder, an excellent trainer, an educational technologist, a wizard at project management and a gambler with his life. The excellent second-level referral hospital that he created was for him a laboratory to develop models to address the numerous needs of rural health care. He then made the unlikely leap from the rural to the highly complex tertiary care super-specialty practice in CIIMS Hospital, Nagpur. He won an award of Rs. 200,000 for his short essay, 'Program Proposal for Tuberculosis Control in India in 1995'. Giving up his medical practice overnight, he joined a multinational pharma giant for the next six years. As their education director, he has trained numerous medical postgraduates in diabetes with extraordinary results. Giving up medicine, for the last several years, he has engaged himself in political and literary writing. This book on the comparative study of the leftist-socialist, centrist and particularly the right-wing politics in India is an altogether different interpretation compared to the conventional wisdom. He is presently working on his novel based on his experiences as a medical practitioner.
- Author(s)Sanjeev Kelkar
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication11/04/2011
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.