All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPortrays the Battle of the Sexes. This title, set in a press camp on the Italian front in 1944, presents two women war correspondents - smart, sexy, and famous for scooping their male competitors - struggling to balance their professional lives with their love lives.
- Author BiographyMartha Gellhorn (1908-98) had a six-decade career as a war correspondent and published sixteen books, including six novels, short fiction, and two collections of journalistic articles. Virginia Cowles (1912-83) also began her career as a war correspondent and wrote fifteen books of nonfiction, including the 1941 bestseller Looking for Trouble. Sandra Spanier is a professor of English at Pennsylvania State University, general editor of the Hemingway Letters Project, and author and editor of several books, including Kay Boyle: Artist and Activist.
- Author(s)Martha Gellhorn,Virginia Cowles
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Content Note7 illustrations
- Width159 mm
- Height241 mm
- Edited bySandra Spanier
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.