All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.99Trending at £6.99
- £3.24Trending at £5.99
- £5.81Trending at £7.99
- £11.79Trending at £15.77
- £6.99Trending at £9.99
- £4.42Trending at £6.37
- £4.58Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe book includes some of the finest examples of Freud's work from across seven decades. The portraits are complemented by a chronology illustrated with documentary images and some previously unpublished informal photographs, and introductory texts by Martin Gayford and David Hockney.
- Author BiographyMartin Gayford, art critic and writer. His recent publications include Man with a Blue Scarf (in which he relates his experiences of sitting for Lucian Freud) and Constable in Love. He co-curated the Constable Portraits exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery in 2009.|David Hockney, British painter, printmaker and photographer, considered to be one of the most influential and significant artists of his generation. He was a friend of Lucian Freud, for whom he sat in 2002.
- Author(s)David Hockney,Martin Gayford
- PublisherNational Portrait Gallery Publications
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Portrait Gallery Publications
- Content Note85 colour colour illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width295 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Most relevant reviews
- tree246620 May, 2015by
Beautiful Art to be looked at when ever i want
loved this book if you love Lucian and his work The content is beautiful.Will never be able to afford any of his work so i can look at this book when i need to
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.