All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
About this product
- DescriptionA magical new play about the enduring joys of music, dancing and self-discovery.
- Author BiographyLachlan is a Sydney-based writer. His first play Bison has had sell-out seasons in Adelaide, Belfast, London, Melbourne and Sydney. His other plays include Bustown Catapult, Colder [Winner R.E Ross Trust Award 2007], M.ROCK, Silent Disco [Winner Griffin Award for Outstanding New Australian play 2009, Winner GAP Competition Aurora Theatre Co. USA, 2010, Winner best stage play at Australian Writers Guild Awards 2012] Truck Stop [Winner best play for young audiences Australian Writer's Guild Awards 2013] and The Trouble with Harry.
In 2013 Lachlan's new works premiered at The Traverse Edinburgh, The Mac Belfast, Perth Theatre Company, Tamarama Rock Surfers Sydney, Canberra Youth Theatre Company and Brisbane Girls' Grammar.
Lachlan does extensive work as a teacher, mentor and dramaturge. He worked with Amnesty International, writing scripts for many public activation campaigns and was Literary Associate at Australian Theatre for Young People between 2008 and 2011 where he ran Fresh Ink - Australia's leading emerging writers program. Lachlan was writer in Residence at Red Stitch Theatre Melbourne in 2006, Griffin Theatre Company Sydney in 2010 and 2014, The Playwrights Foundation San Francisco in 2012 and The Traverse Edinburgh in 2013. In 2013, Lachlan was awarded an Australia Council Cultural Leadership grant which included residencies at The Playwrights' Centre, Minneapolis and The Lark Play Development Centre, New York. He is Chair of the Australian Writer's Guild Playwrights Committee.
- Author(s)Lachlan Philpott
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight100 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.