All listings for this product
About this product
- Description(M)Other Tongues: Literary Reflexions on a Difficult Distinction examines a key problem of literary criticism: the differentiation between languages is at the same time necessary and impossible.
- Author BiographyJuliane Prade is Professor of Comparative Literature at the Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main. After studying German and Slavic Literature as well as Philosophy, she earned her PhD in Comparative Literature with a thesis on the Infantile within the human-animal distinction in philosophical and literary texts from Antiquity to Modernity, published in German as Sprachoffenheit. Mensch, Tier und Kind in der Autobiographie. She has additionally published in English and German on Ovid, Aristotle, Benjamin, Heidegger, and other authors.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- GenreLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight454 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJuliane Prade
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £39.85
- £6.73Trending at £8.98
- £2.81Trending at £3.42
- £4.98Trending at £5.17
- £10.29Trending at £10.87
- £5.99Trending at £8.84
- £9.57Trending at £10.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.