Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £9.28Trending at £9.53
- £13.78Trending at £14.12
- £15.16Trending at £18.49
- £28.54Trending at £30.26
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
About this product
- DescriptionUsing hitherto neglected documents from official archives, this study examines how MI5 foiled the spies of the Kaiser during the First World War, paying particular attention to the preventive measures the organisation instituted to 'frustrate' espionage and how its investigations to 'cure' espionage were conducted.
- Author BiographyDr. Chris Northcott was born in Surrey in 1973. He is an independent scholar who received his doctorate in History, which focused on the development of MI5 between 1909-1918, from the University of Bedfordshire. He has taught Intelligence and Security Studies at the Universities of Salford and Bedfordshire and has been published in the International Journal of Intelligence and CounterIntelligence and has written book reviews for Intelligence and National Security. He enjoys American Football and cycling, and lives in Buckinghamshire with his partner, Diana, and their beloved dog, Foxy. MI5 at War 1909-1918 is his first book.
- Author(s)Chris Northcott
- PublisherChevron Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationPulborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChevron Publishing Limited
- Out-of-print date05/05/2017
- Content NoteBlack and white photographs throughout; includes m
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.