CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.08
- £26.57Trending at £27.10
- £8.39Trending at £8.57
- £14.99Trending at £16.84
- £8.88Trending at £9.55
- £8.44Trending at £9.81
- £6.98Trending at £7.08
About this product
- DescriptionMacrocognition is defined as how activity in real-world teams is adapted to the complex demands of a setting with high consequences for failure. This book provides an overview of the theoretical foundations of macrocognition, describes a set of macrocognitive metrics, and offers guidance on using the metrics.
- Author BiographyDr. Emily S. Patterson conducts research to improve the performance of real-world teams in complex, socio-technical settings, including healthcare, military, intelligence analysis, space shuttle mission control, emergency response, and emergency call centers. She is an assistant professor in the Health Information Management and Systems Division at The Ohio State University Medical Center, School of Allied Medical Professions. In 2004, Dr. Patterson received the Alexander C. Williams, Jr., Design Award from the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society for identifying nursing workarounds that reduced the effectiveness of a barcode point of care system in reducing medication errors in 128 medical centers. Dr. Patterson serves as Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Part A, serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety and the Advisory Committee for the Center for Innovation of the National Board of Medical Examiners, and previously served as Centers Communication Advisory Group Member for the Joint Commission International Center for Patient Safety. Dr. Janet E. Miller is a Program Manager in the Air Force Research Laboratory's Sensors Directorate at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. Dr. Miller received a Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from The Ohio State University in 2002. Dr. Miller is advancing the state-of-the-art in macrocognition research and application in military situations.
- Author(s)Janet E. Miller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2010
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes c. 50 figures
- Weight783 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byEmily S. Patterson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.