CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.20Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book details the macromolecular therapeutics for cancer therapy. It also covers the classification of these anticancer drugs based on therapeutic targets and elaborates on different classes of anticancer therapeutics.
- Author BiographyL. Harivardhan Reddy is Head of Nanovectors group at Sanofi-aventis, France. He completed Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics and Drug delivery in 2005 from The M.S. University of Baroda, India. He has worked for 4 years in two popular pharmaceutical companies (Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Aristo Pharmaceuticals Ltd.) in India, on drug delivery applications. He worked for 3 years (2005-2008) with anticancer drug delivery specialist Prof. Patrick Couvreur in CNRS lab at Universite Paris-Sud, Chatenay-Malabry, France. He is an inventor of 3 patents belonging to macromolecular therapeutics and drug delivery. He has published, as an author and co-author, more than 60 publications in various reputed journals. He is also a reviewer for more than 15 journals of the fields of biomacromolecules, drug delivery, cancer therapy, and pharmacology. He is a member of The European Association for Cancer Research. His principal research interests are supramolecular lipidic prodrug nanomedicines and nanotherapeutics for cancer. Patrick Couvreur is a Full Professor of Pharmacy at the University Paris-Sud, France, and holder of the chair of Innovation Technologique (2009-2010) at the prestigious 'College de France'. He is a member of the Academy of Technologies (France), of the Academy of Pharmacy (France) and corresponding member of the Royal Academy of Medicine (Belgium). Prof. Patrick COUVREUR's contributions in the field of drug delivery and targeting are highly recognized and respected around the world. Patrick COUVREUR performed a pioneer work together with Peter SPEISER, and demonstrated for the first time in 1977 that nanoparticles may be used as intracellular carriers for compounds which don't diffuse spontaneously into cells. Patrick COUVREUR's research is primarily on polymer-based and metallic-based nanomedicines, surface engineered nanosystems, and also focuses on lipid-based nanocarriers. He has published as an author and co-author, 341 publications, 109 review articles and book chapters, 6 books as editor, 50 patents, and 193 invited and plenary lectures at national and international congresses. He has received Pharmaceutical Sciences World Congress Award (2004), the Marie-Maurice Janot Lecture (2008) and above all the prestigious Host Madsen Medal (2007) in honour of his outstanding research achievements. He is a Field Editor of Pharmaceutical Research , European Editor of the Journal of Nanoparticles Research , and is a reviewer of more than 15 high reputed journals in the fields of Drug delivery, cancer research, macromolecules, physical chemistry etc. He is acting or acted as Board of Governors of the Controlled Release Society (CRS), Board of APGI, Expert Member of the Board of Pharmaceutical Sciences, International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP). His exceptional research has led to two start-up companies BIOALLIANCE and MEDSQUAL dealing with novel therapeutics, in France.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCancer Drug Discovery and Development
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 38 black & white tables, biography
- Weight973 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byL. Harivardhan Reddy,Patrick Couvreur
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.