All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
About this product
- Author(s)Dong-Sung Kim,Hyung-Suk Han
- Date of Publication03/01/2016
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringer Tracts on Transportation and Traffic
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note252 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 100 colour tables, biography
- Weight555 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Table Of Contents1 Introduction. 2 Fundamentals. 2.1 Introduction. 2.2 Electromagnetics. 2.3 Electronics. 2.4 Mechanics. 2.5 Control and Measurement. 2.6 Linear Motors. 3Permanent Magnet. 3.1 Introduction. 3.2 Material. 3.3 Static Repulsive and Attractive Modes. 3.4 Halbach Array. 3.5 Dynamic Repulsion. 4 Superconducting Magnet. 4.1 Introduction. 4.2 Superconductivity. 4.3 Diamagnetism. 4.4 Flux Pinning. 4.5 Electrodynamic Levitation. 4.6 Passive Damping. 4.7 Active Damping Control. 4.8 Discussion. 5 Electromagnet. 5.1 Introduction. 5.2 Levitation. 5.3 Experimental Vehicle. 5.4 Magnet Design. 5.5 Suspension Control. 5.6 Guidance Control. 5.7 Vehicle/Guideway Interaction. 5.8 Emergency braking. 5.9 Route Switching. 6 Railway Applications. 6.1 Introduction. 6.2 Transrapid. 6.3 Linimo. 6.4 ECOBEE. 6.5 L0. 6.6 Chinese Urban maglev vehicles. 7 Applications. 7.1 Introduction. 7.2 Clean Conveyor. 7.3 Ropeless Elevator. 7.4 Amusement Rides. 7.5 Cargo Conveyor. 7.6 Passenger Transport. 7.7 Aerospace Systems.
- Author BiographyHyung-Suk Han received the Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering from Ajou University in 1997. He is the head of Department of Magnetic Levitation and Linear Drive at Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials. He has worked extensively in maglev which includes the urban maglev ECOBEE and experimental maglev vehicle SUMA for high speed. His research interests are dynamics simulation, magnetic levitation control and certification of maglev vehicle performances. He has been attempting to apply maglev technology to new applications such as clean conveyor and amusement rides. Dong-Sung Kim received B.S. in Mechanics and Design from Seoul National University and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Changwon National University, and Dr-Ing. in Mechanical Engineering from Ecole Centrale de Nantes in 1996. For 8 years since 1997, he carried out National Research Projects of a developing low-medium speed urban maglev vehicle, as the Head of Vehicle Engineering Group in New Transport Technology Department at Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials. In 2006, he was a core project manager of Systems Engineering in the Urban Maglev (ECOBEE) Program funded by Korean Government. He currently continues to try to promote a commercialization and application of the urban maglev system.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.