All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithin its 200,000 verse lines in Sanskrit the Mahabharata takes on many roles: epic poem, foundational text of Hinduism, and, more broadly, the engaging story of a dynastic struggle and the passing of an age when man and gods intermingled. David R. Slavitt's sparkling new edition condenses the epic for the general reader.
- Author BiographyDavid R. Slavitt is a poet, translator, novelist, critic, and journalist. He is the author of more than seventy works of fiction and poetry, as well as poetry and drama in translation. He is the author of The Duke's Man: A Novel (Northwestern University Press, 2011) and translator of The Metamorphoses of Ovid (1994). Henry L. Carrigan Jr. is the assistant director and a senior editor at Northwestern University Press.
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- Series TitleNorthwestern World Classics
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Introduction byHenry L. Carrigan
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.