All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
- £9.74Trending at £10.10
- £7.19Trending at £7.63
About this product
- DescriptionUntil the last century, it was generally agreed that Maimonides was a great defender of Judaism, and Spinoza - as an Enlightenment advocate for secularization - among its key opponents. This book sets out to challenge the now predominant view of Maimonides as a protomodern forerunner to Spinoza.
- Author BiographyJoshua Parens is professor in and graduate director of the Department of Philosophy at the University of Dallas. He is the author of An Islamic Philosophy of Virtuous Religions and coeditor of the second edition of Medieval Political Philosophy: A Sourcebook.
- Author(s)Joshua Parens
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2012
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.