All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.66
- £17.29Trending at £28.12
- £23.56Trending at £40.17
- £11.91Trending at £20.08
- £15.17Trending at £24.10
- £8.63Trending at £16.54
- £17.28Trending at £22.32
About this product
- DescriptionShows you how to build small form factor PCs - from kits and from scratch. This book includes projects for building personal video recorders, wireless access points, digital audio jukeboxes, and portable firewalls. It shows you how to build eight different systems, from the shoebox-sized Shuttle system down to the stick-of-gum sized gumstix.
- Author BiographyDuane Wessels became interested in web caching in 1994 as a topic for his master's thesis in telecommunications at the University of Colorado, Boulder. He worked with members of the Harvest research project to develop web caching software. After the departure of other members to industry jobs, he continued the software development under the name Squid. Another significant part of Duane's research with the National Laboratory for Applied Network Research has been the operation of 6 to 8 large caches throughout the U.S. These caches receive requests from hundreds of other caches, all connected in a global cache mesh. Matthew Weaver has 10 years of experience in software development and system administration. He's given many tutorials to technical audiences, and currently works with Nedernet Inc, a wireless ISP in the Rocky Mountains. He helped Nedernet see the value in using small form factor PCs for an array of devices, including remote outdoor access points and solar-powered servers.
- Author(s)Duane Wessels,Matthew J. Weaver
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication09/05/2008
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaker Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight603 g
- Width203 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.