All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is based around the author's beautiful and sometimes awe-inspiring color images and mosaics of deep-sky objects. The book describes how similar Hubble class images can be created by amateur astronomers in their back garden.
- Author BiographyProfessor Greg Parker was Head of the Nanoscale Systems Integration Group at Southampton University in southern England until his recent retirement. His deep-sky astronomical images have been published in Astronomy Now and Sky at Night magazines. He is the author of Introductory Semiconductor Device Physics (IOP, ISBN 0750310219), and has written many scientific papers and articles, mostly in the area of photonics and optoelectronics, as well as a chapter (Guided-wave Optical Communications: Materials) in Elsevier's Encyclopaedia of Materials: Science & Technology.
- Author(s)Greg Parker
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note87 colour illustrations, 86 colour tables, biography
- Weight379 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £8.99Trending at £10.86
- £12.72Trending at £18.99
- £9.33Trending at £9.99
- £9.77Trending at £11.03
- £8.02Trending at £13.88
- £8.19Trending at £8.42
- £7.21Trending at £7.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.