Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £12.67Trending at £14.85
- £4.54Trending at £4.61
- £16.24Trending at £19.89
- £10.71Trending at £14.18
- £6.27Trending at £7.95
- £5.69Trending at £5.85
About this product
- DescriptionFor ninety-nine years, cars were made at Longbridge. But through bad management, interfering Governments, state control and sale to BAe, then BMW, the factory closed and 6,000 people lost their jobs. This book presents the story of Longbridge, and shows that the loss of car making there has dealt a huge blow to the Midlands' manufacturing base.
- Author BiographyColin Corke is a lifelong car enthusiasts and is a Reverend in Longbridge. Gillian Bardsley works at the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust at Gaydon.
- Author(s)Colin Corke,Gillian Bardsley
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- GenreRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/02/2017
- Content Note200 illustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.