Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.73
- £21.31Trending at £29.90
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £5.50Trending at £5.75
- £13.47Trending at £25.49
- £18.30Trending at £29.77
- £18.23Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a social history of music in Los Angeles from the 1880s to 1940. This book describes the music scene over some sixty years, including opera, concert giving and promotion, and the struggles of individuals who pursued music as an ideal, a career, a trade, a business. It argues that music making was closely tied to Progressive Era issues.
- Author BiographyCatherine Parsons Smith is Professor Emerita at the University of Nevada, Reno. She is the author of several books, among them William Grant Still: A Study in Contradictions (UC Press, 1999), which won the ASCAP Deems Taylor Award.
- Author(s)Catherine Parsons Smith
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2007
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note29 b/w photographs, 10 tables
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.