All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.90
- £9.50Trending at £12.38
- £10.46Trending at £14.43
- £11.15Trending at £12.30
- £10.84Trending at £11.21
- £10.84Trending at £11.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis work explores the role of literature in the former Yugoslavia's attempts to create a multicultural nation. It focuses on the cultural processes by which the idea of a nation was developed and on the reasons that this idea failed to bind the South Slavs into a viable nation and state.
- Author BiographyAndrew Baruch Wachtel is Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures at Northwestern University. He is the author, most recently, of An Obsession with History: Russian Writers Confront the Past (Stanford, 1994).
- Author(s)Andrew Baruch Wachtel
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1998
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleCultural Memory in the Present
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.