All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £20.99Trending at £22.40
- £30.68Trending at £40.83
About this product
- Author(s)Hilary Kilpatrick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Modern Research on the Kitab al-aghani 2. Abu I-Faraj's Life, Times and Works 3. Abu I-Faraj's Interventions: Songs and Singers 4. Abu I-Faraj's Interventions: Poetry and Poets 5. Abu I-Faraj's Interventions: Prose akhbar and the Arrangement of Material 6. Articles on Songs, Events and Relationships 7. Articles on Personalities 8. Connections between Articles: The Common Fund of Material 9. Ordering the Material: The Framework of Introductory Songs
- Author BiographyHilary Kilpatrick studied Arabic at Oxford. She has taught at the universities of St. Andrews, UK, Nijmegen, The Netherlands and Bern, Switzerland, and now works as an independent scholar in Lausanne. She is one of the editors of the Arabic and Middle Eastern Literatures series, and has published on modern Arabic fiction and classical Arabic belles-lettres, and has made some translations from modern Arabic literature.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.