All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMalawi Travel Guide - Expert advice and travel tips including Lilongwe hotels and restaurants, Lake Malawi beaches and natural history, folk dancing and culture. This guide also covers birdwatching, hiking, Nyika Plateau, Nkhata Bay, Livingstonia, Likoma Island, Chongoni rock art, Cape Maclear, Liwonde National Park and Majete Wildlife Reserve.
- Author BiographyPhilip Briggs is the world's foremost travel writer specialising in Africa. Born in the UK and raised in South Africa, he first backpacked between Nairobi and Cape Town in 1986 and has been travelling the highways and byways of Africa ever since. Published in 1991, his Bradt guide to South Africa was the first such guidebook to be published internationally after the release of Nelson Mandela. Over the rest of the 1990s, he wrote a series of pioneering Bradt guides to destinations that were then - and in some cases still are - otherwise practically uncharted by the travel publishing industry. These included the first dedicated guidebooks to Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, Ghana and Rwanda (co-authored with Janice Booth). Philip has visited more than two dozen African countries in total and written about most of them, whether it be for guidebook publishers or for specialist travel and wildlife magazines including Africa Birds & Birding, Africa Geographic, BBC Wildlife, Travel Africa and Wanderlust.
- Author(s)Philip Briggs
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £6.98
- £12.88Trending at £16.24
- £14.56Trending at £16.19
- £9.97Trending at £10.40
- £8.24Trending at £10.80
- £61.04Trending at £84.25
- £8.95Trending at £16.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.