All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChallenges the general belief that human impact on nature was generally benign or negligible and charged that ancient civilizations of the Mediterranean had brought about their own collapse by their abuse of the environment.
- Author BiographyDavid Lowenthal is professor emeritus of geography at University College London. His books include George Perkins Marsh: Prophet of Conservation, The Heritage Crusade and the Spoils of History, and The Past Is a Foreign Country.
- Author(s)George Marsh
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication25/01/2003
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleWeyerhaeuser Environmental Classics
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Notenotes, index
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byDavid Lowenthal
- Foreword byWilliam Cronon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.48
- £4.60Trending at £6.12
- £12.06Trending at £12.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.