Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.02Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduces students to the theory and practice of managerial and leadership functions, and provides important guidelines for working within agencies. This title addresses topics that are germane to management and administration, including evidence-based and empirically supported practice, challenges of management, and more.
- Author BiographyThomas R. Packard teaches administration and social policy courses in the School of Social Work at San Diego State University and conducts research and consultation projects through the Academy for Professional Excellence in the SDSU School of Social Work. For twenty-five years he has been an organization development consultant specializing in human service and government organizations, including six and a half years in the City of San Diego's Organizational Effectiveness Program, which he managed for one and a half years. He has published articles on his consulting projects and the results of his research in the areas of organizational effectiveness and the quality of working life. He has been the director of two community-based human services organizations and has been a program evaluator for the County of San Diego. He received his doctorate in social welfare at UCLA and is a Certified Social Work Manager. Judith A. Lewis (Ph.D., University of Michigan) retired in 2008 from Governors State University, where she served as Professor and Chair of Addictions Studies and Behavioral Health. A licensed psychologist in Illinois, she is a past president of the American Counseling Association (ACA) and the International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors. She is co-author of MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN SERVICE PROGRAMS, Fifth Edition; COMMUNITY COUNSELING: EMPOWERMENT STRATEGIES FOR A DIVERSE SOCIETY, Third Edition; and SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELING, Fifth Edition (all Brooks/Cole Cengage Learning). Michael D. Lewis, Executive Director, Educational World Charities, Chicago, is Professor Emeritus of Counseling and Psychology at Governors State University. For more than thirty-five years he has consulted with numerous national and international corporations with regard to the implementation of their employee assistance programs. As the originator of the community counseling concept, he has advised educational institutions around the world in countries as diverse as Israel and Botswana. He has co-authored two other Brooks/Cole texts.
- Author(s)Judith Lewis,Michael Lewis,Thomas R. Packard
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width187 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 5th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.