All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.50Trending at £19.55
- £29.14Trending at £34.99
- £17.90Trending at £19.97
- £10.99Trending at £12.90
- £3.60Trending at £4.02
- £34.79Trending at £40.16
- £68.81Trending at £92.67
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 18 colour illustrations, 32 black & white tables, biography
- Weight808 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAjay Kumar Bhalla,Jonathan Birns
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Early Neurological Deterioration.- Post-Stroke Cardiac Complications.- Post-Stroke Seizures.- Infections After Stroke.- Venous Thromboembolism.- Swallowing and Nutritional Complications.- Urinary and Bowel Complications.- Positioning and Pressure Care.- Management of Spasticity.- Falls and Osteoporosis Post-Stroke.- Post-Stroke Cognitive Impairment.- Post-Stroke Pain.- Post-Stroke Fatigue: Common But Poorly Understood.- Mental Consequences Of Stroke.- Future Developments.
- Author BiographyDr Ajay Bhalla has been a Consultant Physician in Stroke, Geriatric and General Medicine at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals since 2009. His clinical work currently involves hyper-acute, acute and rehabilitative care for stroke patients as well as acute care for older patients both in hospital and community settings. He has lectured extensively both locally and nationally on stroke and is an accredited Royal College of Physicians Teacher. He currently co-supervises the Masters module in Gerontology at King's College, London where he is an Honorary Senior Lecturer. He is a principal investigator for a number of multi-centre stroke research studies and continues his research interest in the organisation of stroke services in the UK and across Europe. Dr Jonathan Birns is a Consultant in Stroke Medicine, Geriatrics and General Medicine at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, Honorary Senior Lecturer at King's College London and Deputy Head of the London School of Medicine. His research interests have revolved around the relationship between blood pressure, cerebral haemodynamics and neuropsychological function in patients with cerebrovascular disease and he has published widely in the field. He has also successfully directed award-winning and pioneering educational and service developments projects and training programmes in stroke.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.