CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.84Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.48Trending at £7.19
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 10 black & white halftones
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byArwin van Buuren,Geert Teisman,Lasse M. Gerrits
- Table Of ContentsList of Figures. List of Tables. List of Maps. Preface. 1. An Introduction to Understanding and Managing Complex Process Systems. Geert R. Teisman, Lasse Gerrits, Arwin Van Buuren. 2. Complexity Theory and Public Administration: A Critical Appraisal. Erik-Hans Klijn, Ig Snellen. 3. Approaches to Researching Complexity in Public Management. Jean-Marie Buijs, Jasper Eshuis, David Byrne. 4. Appearances and Sources of Process Dynamics; the Case of Infrastructure Development in the UK and the Netherlands. Geert R. Teisman, Eddy Westerveld, Marcel Hertogh. 5. Non-Linear Dynamics in Port Systems: Change Events at Work. Marcel Van Gils, Lasse Gerrits, Geert R. Teisman. 6. Metropolitan Regions as Self-Organizing Systems. Jean-Marie Buijs, Nancy Van Der Bol, Geert R. Teisman, David Byrne. 7. The Complexity of Self-Organization: Boundary Judgments in Traffic Management. Bonno Pel. 8. Coevolution: A Constant in Non-Linearity. Lasse Gerrits, Peter Marks, Arwin Van Buuren. 9. Public Policy-Making and the Management of Coevolution. Arwin Van Buuren, Lasse Gerrits, Peter Marks. 10. Managing Complex Process Systems: Surviving at the Edge of Chaos. Jurian Edelenbos, Erik-Hans Klijn, Michiel Kort. 11. Dealing with Complexity through Trust and Control. Jurian Edelenbos, Jasper Eshuis. 12. Complexity Theory and Evolutionary Public Administration: A Sceptical Afterword. Christopher Pollitt. 13. Towards an Approach of Evolutionary Public Management. Frank Boons, Arwin Van Buuren, Lasse Gerrits, Geert R. Teisman. Contributors. Notes. Index.
- Author BiographyProf. dr. ing. G. R. Teisman is professor in Public Management at the Erasmus University Rotterdam. He received degrees in transport and sociology. His PhD thesis on complex decision making was first published in 1992, followed by a second and third edition in 1995 and 1998. On a regular basis he advises governments and private organizations on the management of complex decision-making, strategic planning, public-private partnerships, process management, intergovernmental co-operation in metropolitan areas and policy evaluation. Dr. Arwin van Buuren (1980) is assistant professor at the Department of Public Administration of the Erasmus University Rotterdam. His research concerns complex decision-making and knowledge management in the field of water management, spatial development, and infrastructure. He published in international journals like Public Management Review, International Review of Administrative Sciences, Evaluation Review, Science and Public Policy. He is a member of the Scientific Council of the Dutch Advisory council for research on spatial planning, nature and the environment. Dr. Lasse Gerrits, was a researcher at TNO Built Environment and Geosciences and a Ph.D. student at the Department of Public Administration (Erasmus University Rotterdam) between 2003 and 2008. He received the degree of Doctor in 2008 for his research on complexity theory and decision making. He now works as an Assistant Professor in Public Administration and works in the field of decision making and spatial development.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.