All listings for this product
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.06Trending at £7.37
- £13.14Trending at £17.04
- £11.02Trending at £11.29
- £3.59Trending at £3.78
- £7.45Trending at £12.01
- £3.59Trending at £6.32
- £13.83Trending at £16.99
About this product
- DescriptionAnalyzing issues ranging from urban planning and the provision of broadcasting services for minority languages, to principled debates over basic rights and entitlements, this title includes essays that offer summaries of each political culture while also prompting comparative reflection on the broad theme of 'democracy and difference'.
- Author BiographyNicholas Brown is a senior research fellow in the History Program, Research School of Social Sciences, Australian National University, working in part with The Australian Dictionary of Biography and the National Museum of Australia. His publications include Governing Prosperity: Social Analysis and Social Change in Australia in the 1950s and Richard Downing: Economics, Advocacy and Social Reform. Linda Cardinal, C.M., MRSC, is Professor of Political Science at the University of Ottawa, and Research Chair in Canadian Francophonie and Public Policies. She is a former Craig Dobbin Chair of Canadian Studies at University College, Dublin. She is the author or editor of many books, including From Subjects to Citizens: A Hundred Years of Citizenship in Australia and Canada, and Une tradition et un droit : Le Senat et la representation de la francophonie canadienne (PUO-UOP, 2017). She is Knight of the Ordre des Palmes Academiques de la Republique francaise (2013), and winner of the Bernard-Grandmaitre Award (2017).
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleGovernance Series
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Weight234 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLinda Cardinal,Nicholas Brown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.