Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.42Trending at £13.02
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.50Trending at £8.00
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2009
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMatt Matravers
- Table Of Contents1. The Culture of Control: Readings and Responses Matt Matravers. 2. For an Historical Sociology of Crime Policy in England and Wales since 1968. Ian Loader and Richard Sparks. 3. Politics and Social Structure in The Culture of Control Bruce Western. 4. Twin Towers, Iron Cages and the Culture of Control John Hagan. 5. The Culture of Control: Choosing the Future Barbara Hudson. 6. Back to Basics in Crime Control: Weaving in Women Loraine Gelsthorpe. 7. Victims of Crime: Their Station and Its Duties Sandra E. Marshall. 8. Contemporary Penality and Psychoanalysis Amanda Matravers and Shadd Maruna. 9. The Sense of Atrocity and the Passion for Justice Claire Valier. 10. Beyond the Culture of Control David Garland.
- Author BiographyMatt Matravers is Senior Lecturer in Political Philosophy, in the department of Politics, University of York; he is also Director of the Graduate School; Director of the MA in Political Research, and Acting Director MA's in Political Philosophy; and Director of Morrell Studies in Toleration programme. His publications include Punishment and Political Theory (1999); Justice and Punishment: The Rationale of Coercion (2000), and Scanlon and Contractualism (2003).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.