All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Angela Kipp
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight304 g
- Width151 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Table Of ContentsForeword Preface Acknowledgments List of Abbreviations Chapter 1: Congratulations, It's Your Mess Now! Chapter 2: A First Glimpse Chapter 3: Back at the Desk Chapter 4: Getting Organized Chapter 5: Diving into the Collection Chapter 6: The Power of Coffee Chapter 7: Getting Stuff Done Chapter 8: Storage Wants and Storage Needs Chapter 9: We Had Nothing Chapter 10: Failing Successfully Chapter 11: Success Stories Bibliography Index About the Author
- Author BiographyAngela Kipp is the Collections Manager of the TECHNOSEUM in Mannheim, Germany and an independent museum consultant with a special focus on science, technology, farming and history collections. She holds the German Museum Studies degree of Diplom-Museologin (FH) and has worked in the museum field since 1998. She worked for various institutions including large museums like the Museum fur Kommunikation (museum for communication) in Berlin and the Deutsches Museum in Munich, as well as for many smaller museums and cultural projects. She specializes in logistics, project management and the adaption of technology for the special needs of museums. She is especially interested in finding affordable ways to improve collections care in smaller institutions. One way she does that is through her blog project Registrar Trek, aimed at raising awareness for collections care in general and fostering exchange between collections specialists around the world. Another way is this book in which she gathered her own experiences and those of several colleagues to develop a framework for people confronted with a previously unmanaged, only partly managed or just neglected collection.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.53
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.