Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe issue of quality in qualitative research is one that is often neglected. This work focuses on the fundamental question of how to define and assess the quality of research. It examines how to distinguish good research from bad research when it comes to teaching, planning, evaluating and publishing qualitative research.
- Author BiographyUwe Flick is Professor of Qualitative Research in Social Science and Education at the Free University of Berlin, Germany. He is a trained psychologist and sociologist and received his PhD from the Free University of Berlin in 1988 and his Habilitation from the Technical University of Berlin in 1994. He has been Professor of Qualitative Research at Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences in Berlin, Germany and at the University of Vienna, Austria, where he continues to work as Guest Professor. Previously, he was Adjunct Professor at the Memorial University of Newfoundland in St. John's, Canada; a Lecturer in research me thodology at the Free University of Berlin; a Reader and Assistant Professor in qualitative methods and evaluation at the Technical University of Berlin; and Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Medical Sociology at the Hannover Medical School. He has held visiting appoint-ments at the London School of Economics, the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales in Paris, Cambridge University (UK), Memorial University of St John's (Canada), University of Lisbon (Portugal), Institute of Higher Studies in Vienna, in Italy and Sweden, and the School of Psychology at Massey University, Auckland (New Zealand). His main research interests are qualitative methods, social represen-tations in the fields of individual and public health, vulnerability in fields like youth homelessness or migration, and technological change in everyday life. He is the author of Designing Qualitative Research (Sage, 2007) and Managing Quality in Qualitative Research (Sage, 2007) and editor of The SAGE Qualitative Research Kit (Sage, 2007), A Companion to Qualitative Research (Sage, 2004), Psychology of the Social (Cambridge University Press, 1998), Quality of Life and Health: Concepts, Methods and Applications (Blackwell Science, 1995) and La perception quotidienne de la Sante et la Maladie: Theories subjectives et Representations sociales (L'Harmattan, 1993). His most recent publications are the fifth edition of An Introduction to Qualitative Research (Sage, 2014) and The SAGE Handbook of Qualitative Data Analysis (editor, Sage, 2014).
- Author(s)Uwe Flick
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2008
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleQualitative Research Kit
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight256 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.